In this article, we will show you the best and easiest way how to add IDM extension for Microsoft Edge? How to remove IDM extension from Microsoft Edge? How to configure IDM extension for Microsoft Edge? Why IDM extension isn’t working for Microsoft Edge? And how to download movies and clips using IDM extension?
One of the most interesting things while free time is watching movies. For watching offline movies and clips we need a great downloader, that it should be fast and free and should have some more good features. And their Internet download manager is the best option. It is one of the best and fast and free downloaders that you can download movies and clips with. And for downloading video and movie you need to add IDM extension for Microsoft Edge.
Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a popular tool to increase download speeds by up to 5 times, resume, and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages.
This Microsoft Edge extension requires that the IDM desktop application is installed. The integration module adds “Download with IDM” context menu item for the file links and displays the Download panel over page-embedded multimedia content, providing various helper functions to the main application as well.
How to add IDM integration module extension into Microsoft Edge?
Here we will show the best tip to add IDM extension for Microsoft browser. Read and follow every step carefully to learn how to add IDM extension for the Microsoft browser successfully?
Before adding the IDM extension for Microsoft Edge you need to complete these steps. Make sure to do these steps, if you should not follow these steps you may face some errors while adding IDM integration module extension.
At first, make sure to allow IDM extension for M-Edge at the IDM setting. Here we will tell how to allow the extension for Microsoft Edge.
1. Open This PC/File Explorer, open Drive-C, open program files (x86), open file Internet download manager, now find the IDM application and click open (look at the picture).
2. Now click on the option, and make sure to check the *use advanced browser integration*, then allow Microsoft Edge in the list.
The first step is done! Follow the second step.
Most of the time while you are downloading the Internet download manager randomly it’s adding the IDM extension for the M-Edge browser. Now check if it is already added, remove that. Here we will show you how you can remove the IDM extension? But I suggest if it’s already added, at first try configure it, if it didn’t work then remove it and follow these steps. And if you don’t know how to configure it, go down, and there you can find how to do it?
How to remove IDM extension from Microsoft Edge?
- First, open the Microsoft Edge browser, then click on the menu bar/ three dots.
- Click on Extensions, click on the IDM integration module extension/setting button at the right side of the IDM extension.
- Now go down and click on the Uninstall button and click on the Ok button.
- It’s done! Follow the next step.
If you Want to support us, click on the affiliate link
and buy your best pc wireless mouse
Make sure that you have completed the 1st&2nd step. If you have completed those steps, now it’s time to add an IDM extension for Microsoft Edge. Also, make sure to follow every step to add the IDM integration module extension successfully.
Adding IDM integration module extension for Microsoft Edge
1. First, open the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. Copy and paste this link in the Microsoft Edge tab then click enter.
3. Now it will open the IDM integration module extension download page, then click on the get button, then Microsoft store will be open, click on install.
4. Now click on the Launch button on the Windows Store page and Microsoft Edge will show you a message that IDM extension requires some permissions. Click on the “Turn it on” button.
5. Done! It’ll immediately enable the IDM Integration Module extension in the Microsoft browser.
If you want to! you can check it that it has been added to the extension list at the Microsoft Edge extension page. Just open the Microsoft Edge click on the menu bar/three dots, then on the extensions and there you can see that it’s Done!
How to configure IDM extension for Microsoft Edge?
Configuring the IDM extension for Microsoft Edge is important. Because sometimes maybe you should face some errors or maybe it shouldn’t work at first. So here we will show how you can configure IDM extension? That after adding the IDM extension you shouldn’t face any error.
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser, click on menu bar/three dots, now click on extensions.
2. Now click on the setting button at the right side of the IDM integration module extension.
3. Turn on the IDM extension, then turn on the *show button next to the address bar* and turn on the *allow for InPrivate browsing* if you are using the private mode.
why IDM extension at Microsoft Edge is not working?
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Internet download manager.
- Make sure your browser is up to date.
- Check if you have selected and enabled for Microsoft Edge IDM extension at setting. (check at the first how to enable Microsoft Edge from setting).
- Take a look if you have turned on the IDM integration module extension at the M-Edge extension page.
- Check the Firewall extension and Antivirus on your computer.
How to download videos using IDM extension?
After downloading and installing Internet download manager you need to add IDM extension to your browser. And if you have added IDM extension now you can download videos from different sites. And there we will show you how you can download videos using IDM extension?
- Open the Microsoft Edge and open the site from where you want to download the video.
- Now play the video which you want to download. And look at the right top side of the video.
- Click on the (Download this video) and select the video quality.
- Select the folder where you want to download the video and click on start download.
- After the video downloading finished, play, and enjoy watching the video.
Here is how you can download videos using the IDM extension? Download your favorite videos and movies and enjoy it!
In this article, we have shown you the best and easiest way how to add IDM extension for Microsoft Edge? How to remove IDM extension from the Microsoft browser? How to configure IDM extension? Why IDM extension isn’t working? And how to download movies and clips using IDM extension? And this all was important information that could help you. But again if you have any problem or question feel free to leave a comment at the comment section for us.